While iOS 6 has yet to be officially announce, fame iOS hacker and jailbreaker pod2g has announced that he and his team are ready for the iOS 6 jailbreak. How is this possible? Did someone leak iOS 6 ahead of time, or does pod2g have early access to the software? It appears to be neither, but rather pod2g and his team’s penchant of keeping their cards close to their chest. Speaking to the folks at Softpedia, pod2g revealed:
“We won’t give up on jailbreaking iOS devices because this is too important for us and we already have a part of the jailbreak for iOS 6 and we will be ready right on time for it,” pod2g said.
“We will not give you the exact recipe, but we have other exploits that we won’t release at any time. This is our secret. It allows us to inject stuff into new devices and to start dumping the memory. When we have the dumps, we look at different ways of finding the vulnerability,”
Sounds like a great plan, although we suggest that you not get your hopes up just yet of an iOS 6 jailbreak the minute it begins rolling out to iOS devices. In the meantime, iOS 6 is expected to be announced at Apple’s WWDC which will be taking place next month, so be sure to check back with us then for the details!
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23: iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05: iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits
- 2013-03-04: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Installed On Over 14 Million Devices
- 2013-02-08: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days
- 2013-02-04: iPhone 5, iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Now Available For Windows, Mac & Linux
- 2012-10-01: Jailbreak for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 not expected for months
- 2012-07-17: Tethered jailbreak achieved for iOS 6 Beta 3