Security on your smartphone and tablet is of utmost importance, even more so when you carry around with you sensitive data. Well, Precise Biometrics has come up with a special combo fingerprint and smart card reader for the iPhone 4 and the newer iPhone 4S, calling it the Tactivo. An iPad version is in the works which will be revealed later this summer, so a wee bit of patience is required here. The Tactivo will employ either one of the two methods to ensure that the data within your app will remain free from prying and curious eyes, ensuring that third party app’s data will be able to measure up to US and international government privacy specifications without requiring the need to tote around a BlackBerry device. A microUSB port will ensure that your iPhone can remain synchronized and juiced up when the need arises, but it is going to cost you a wee bit – we are talking about a $249 price point here.
Next Story: Devon Tread 1 steampunk watch
- 2014-02-13: New Crystal Ceramic Material Could Rival Apple's Sapphire Touch ID
- 2014-01-12: PulseWallet Lets You Pay For Items By Scanning Your Wrist
- 2013-11-01: Man Implants Large Biometric Computer Chip Into His Forearm
- 2012-06-04: Fujitsu Esprimo desktops come with palm vein sensors
- 2012-05-28: Precise Biometrics deliver the Tactivo for greater smartphone security
- 2011-09-13: Emotion detector knows if you are lying