Gameranx did mention that there is a leaked specifications list of the Sony PS4 console, where it showed off an advanced cell processor that has 10GB RAM as well as an equal amount of video memory. Now that does sound insane, does it not? Of course, this is very much still speculation at this point in time, and it would not be too far of a shot for the GPU graphics processor to be based on NVIDIA’s Kepler architecture, which is the very same technology that keeps the GTX680 up and running, being the most recent video card from NVIDIA at this point in time.
Same rumor also mentioned that the resolution count will hit a whopping 3,840 x 2,160 pixels whenever you play games in 2D, and if you have a penchant for 3D gaming, then it will run at 1080p resolution, courtesy of both NVIDIA graphics chips. It is said that the PS4 console is also backwards compatible, and we are talking about PSOne compatibility here, with a Q4 2013 release.
However, VG247′s close source has unflatteringly called the spec list as “complete bullshit”. I would concur though, as such specs would clearly place the PS4 head above shoulders of what its rivals can churn out.
- Watch Dogs PS4 Version Dishes Out 1080p/30FPS
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase