If you’re a fan of the Resident Evil franchise, you might already be aware about the game’s 15th anniversary. Yup that’s right, the Resident Evil franchise has been hard at work over the last 15 years trying to scare gamers into many a sleepness night, but if you think that you’re not someone that scares easily and you happen to live in Japan, Capcom and Zepp Live Entertainment have announced an upcoming event that will celebrate Resident Evil’s 15th anniversary.
Dubbed the “Real Escape Game”, this is a real life game in which players will find themselves locked away in a real facility and must escape. The event will take place on the 19th of July and will run through until the 31st of August. The location that the game will be taking place in is an actual abandoned hospital which has since been converted to a film studio called Tamai Hospital Studio, which has also been used as a shooting ground for many horror movies.
As this is a Resident Evil game, the hospital will be decorated to look like the world of Resident Evil and players will have to make their way through surgery rooms, patient rooms and what not. If this sounds like a real-life game worth checking out, tickets are expected to cost ¥3,150 (~$39). More information can be found at its website although it’s written in Japanese.
- 2014-01-22: Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD For PC Announced
- 2013-08-30: Capcom's Resident Evil Becomes Haunted House At Universal Orlando
- 2013-08-16: Resident Evil 7 Will Return To Its Survival Horror Roots
- 2013-05-28: Limited Time Resident Evil Attraction To Launch At Universal Studios Japan
- 2013-04-19: Resident Evil Creator's "Zwei" Is The Game Bethesda Has Been Teasing
- 2013-03-15: Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead 2 Crossing Over In Free Update This Spring
- 2012-10-03: Resident Evil 6 patch go live tomorrow at 9AM PT