RIM might not be doing gangbusters at the moment, but this does not mean that the company is about to go down in flames so soon. It might still take some time, and you know for sure that the Canada-based company is not going to have its flames snuffed out in the blink of an eye, as evident by this new patent which was filed, showing off what RIM figures out might have a role to play in the future. The patent filing points towards flexible batteries that have been integrated within holsters which will in turn juice up your smartphone whenever and wherever you are, without having you to look for a spare power outlet. Smart move, and it would seem useful for folks who tend to forget to charge up their smartphones overnight. Do you think this will be compatible with future fuel cell batteries in BlackBerrys if RIM had their way with their patents?
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2013-01-28: White BlackBerry 10 Z10 Pictures Leak Online