Remember yesterday we reported that it was suggested that Rovio’s new game could be none other than a remake of Casey’s Contraptions? Well it turns out that the speculation and rumors were right on the mark. Rovio has since come forward and acknowledged that they have acquired the rights to Casey’s Contraptions’ IP from its developers – Snappy Touch and Mystery Coconut.
“The gameplay is a perfect fit in our arsenal with its approachable, fun and highly addictive take on the physics puzzler genre. We are currently reworking the title to enhance it, and getting ready to re-introduce it in a true ‘expect the unexpected’ Rovio style launch to an even larger audience.”
For those who might not have noticed, the original app for the iPad has since been removed from the iTunes App Store, but fret not as Rovio will be reintroducing the game as the Amazing Alex this summer that will be available for both iOS and Android devices. It was also mentioned that other platforms will also be gaining access to the game in the future as well.
Next Story: Microsoft to make Windows 8 upgrade offer soon?
- 2014-03-17 Angry Birds Epic Soft Launched In Several Countries Today
- 2014-03-07 Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13 Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12 Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-28 Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users