We mentioned a few months ago that the Sony Xperia P will be on the receiving end of a SmartDock docking station, and while I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, here we are with word that the SmartDock has been cancelled. Just what is the SmartDock? It is a docking station for your Xperia P that comes with a HDMI outlet as well as a couple of USB ports that can be used to hook up your Sony Xperia P to a Full HD TV, enjoying whatever high definition movie files that you have stored on your smartphone prior.
Just how did we arrive at such a conclusion? For instance, it seems that the listing for the Xperia P SmartDock has all but disappeared across the slew of all Sony Mobile language websites, although a UK cache listing still shows its presence. Apart from that, someone over at the Sony Mobile Talk forums did reproduce some text with an online chat representative who claimed that the SmartDock has truly been cancelled. Do you have any idea as to why Sony would go ahead with this move, when the SmartDock might be one of the more useful accessories around?
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2013-03-28: Sony Xperia P Jelly Bean Screenshot Leaked
- 2012-11-12: Sony giving away a limited edition 24K gold Xperia P smartphone
- 2012-08-17: Android 4.0 ICS rolling out to the Sony Xperia P today
- 2012-08-06: Sony Xperia P to receive Android 4.0 ICS 19-25 August, according to Sony Mobile India
- 2012-07-16: Sony delivers Xperia S, Xperia P and Xperia U smartphones to the US