I remember back in the day when there were just a few channels on TV – wasn’t that the life back then? I do find it strange today that with so many channels to choose from, many of us think that there is nothing good to watch at all, spoilt brats. With TV came advertising, and it seems that advertisements seem to run longer and longer compared to the actual movie which you are watching. Well, the same idea might be translated over to the world of video games, as there are whispers going around that the Sony PS4 could deliver advertisements that freeze the game while you play. Sure, it is not confirmed or cemented just yet, but since a patent application for this idea has been filed, you can never quite tell when the craziness is going to start.
This particular patent application is known as ‘Advertisement scheme for use with interactive content’, where it details a process of serving you ads in the middle of the game. No idea on who would want that, since there are moments when you are in ‘the zone’, and everything that crosses the path of your crosshair dies, so to have the game freeze halfway might just throw you off your rhythm, and killing streak. I don’t think this is going to be a popular move if implemented – what do you say about it?
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-01-03: Sony Patent Describes Method Of Revitalizing Classic PS Games Through Streaming
- 2013-08-08: Sony Patent Hints At Plans For More Transparent Camera Designs
- 2013-03-24: Sony Works On Google Glass Competitor
- 2013-02-14: Sony EyePad Patent Filed
- 2013-01-03: Sony Patent Suggests Next PlayStation Could Stop Used Games From Being Played [Rumor]