Yes, so we do know that Japan unveiled a couple of new smartphones yesterday – the Sony Xperia GX, which is also known by its more famous name, the Hayabusa, or Sony LT29i. Well, another smartphone from Sony has also leaked out – the Sony ST26i, which will be yet another Android-powered smartphone that will feature capacitive keys so that you need not rely on the on-screen buttons to get the job done. One thing though, there is no guarantee that the Sony ST26i will arrive with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich right out of the box, so there is always a possibility that Android 2.3 Gingerbread will still ship out with it. Apart from that, the Sony ST26i does seem to be the first Sony smartphone that will not ship with the green globe logo ever since Sony picked up Ericsson’s share in the (finally doomed) joint venture. No idea on when the Sony ST26i will be announced, but we do hope to keep a keen eye out at the FCC pages as well as future leaks.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark