If you own the Sony Tablet S, you’re not doubt enjoying the Android 4.0 update right now. Unfortunately if you purchased the Tablet P, you’re probably still running on Android 3.2 Honeycomb unless you’ve managed to flash an Android 4.0 ROM onto it. If you didn’t because you’d rather wait for the official update, the wait might soon be over. Sony Japan has announced that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the Tablet P will begin rolling out come 24th of May, about a month after the Tablet S. However it should be noted that since the announcement was made in Japan, we have to wonder if the update will arrive in Japan first, or if like the Tablet S, it will begin updating in both Japanese and international markets simultaneously. Either way come 24th of May, be sure to connect your tablet to a WiFi network and check to see if the OTA update is available. Until then be sure to check back with us as we will keep you updated on its progress!
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory