If stealth-based games like Thief appeal to you, safe to say the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell franchise is probably a game that you’ve played before. The good news is that if you’re looking forward to the game’s sequel, presumably Splinter Cell 6, it seems that E3 is where the game could officially be revealed. Based on the rumors, Splinter Cell 6 will be known as Splinter Cell: Retribution upon release and is expected to be released in January of 2013, although the details and its announcements are rumored to be set for E3. Ubisoft has declined to comment on the issue, but Jade Raymond of Ubisoft Toronto did “confirm” the existence of the game a while back and has stated that the details will be revealed in the coming months, which we can now presume will be at E3. Either way with E3 being about a week away, we guess we don’t have to wait too long to find out, so be sure to check back with us then for the details!
- 2012-06-05: Ubisoft unveils ZombiU for the Wii U
- 2012-06-05: Nintendo Wii Fit U unveiled, aims to help gamers stay fit and lose weight
- 2012-06-05: Nintendo details the Wii U GamePad
- 2012-06-05: E3 Nintendo Press Conference Live Blog
- 2012-06-05: Onlive shows in-browser gaming and social-gaming at E3