If you own the HTC EVO 3D handset on Sprint’s network, you’re probably aware that an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich build has been leaked and is available for your device. However if the idea and process of rooting and/or flashing custom ROMs onto your phone is way beyond your technical expertise and you’d rather wait for the official release, it looks like you might not have to wait very long!
In an interview with Sprint execs John Tudhope and David Owens by the folks at Engadget, it was revealed that the official release of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the HTC EVO 3D would be happening in June. However Phandroid’s tipsters have informed them that an unofficial roll out could begin as early as this month itself, although if we had to guess we would say that the rollout will probably not be as widespread. In any case if you’d like to check out the interview yourself, it is available below and head to the 6:30 mark which is where details of Android 4.0 for the HTC EVO 3D was outed.
Next Story: Blackberry 7 devices get the Pentagon's approval
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2012-07-16 HTC EVO 3D and EVO Design 4G getting Ice Cream Sandwich by early August
- 2012-06-26 HTC EVO 3D receives Android 4.0 update in EMEA, Sprint's update imminent?
- 2012-04-23 Sprint's HTC EVO 3D has been discontinued
- 2011-06-30 HTC EVO 4G update fixes Netflix, other issues crop up
- 2011-06-06 HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO View 4G release dates confirmed