Earlier this morning, we did discuss the possibility of Target discontinuing sales of the Kindle e-book reader due to a potential conflict of interest, and as always, it is nice to receive official confirmation from the horse’s mouth. Check out Target’s statement in the paragraph below, and draw your own conclusions.
Target continually evaluates its product assortment to deliver the best quality and prices for our guests. Target is phasing out Kindles and Amazon- and Kindle-branded products in the spring of 2012. We will continue to offer our guests a full assortment of ereaders and supporting accessories including the Nook.
This move makes sense considering how Amazon’s major modus operandi would be to implement an aggressive pricing structure as well as introduce low margins in order to undercut retailers, hence shoving brick-and-mortar retailers such as Target to a corner before they are forced to make a corporate decision. How will this move by Target affect you in any way?RELATED
- Possible Samsung AMOLED Tablet SM-T331 Spotted In Shipping Manifest
- Apple's iPads Account For Six Spots In Japan's Top 10 Tablet List
- KitKat India Offers Nexus 7 2013 To Winners After Snafu
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- Follow: kindle, target,
- Seen at: thetechblock