As we previously reported, earlier today, the Absinthe 2.0 untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 was announced. However, if you already have a tethered jailbreak on your device you might want it to be untethered as well. Instead of going through the whole process again, you can apparently just install the Rocky Racoon tweak that is said to turn your tethered jailbreak into an untethered one. Rocky Racoon is a tweak that was released by the Chronic Dev Team which also had a hand in the development of the Absinthe 2.0 untethered jailbreak.
The tweak ‘Rocky Racoon iOS 5.1.1 Untether’ can be found in the Telesphoreo respository which should be a default source in Cydia and reportedly, all users will have to do is install it and then reboot your iOS device. With the tweak, you will have an untethered jailbreak and subsequently, you’ll be able to reboot your device anytime. However, if you uninstall Rocky Racoon later on, you will apparently lose your untethered jailbreak. If you were wondering, the word Racoon is an intentional misspelling based on a previous tool. Before you use the tweak, do read up on the information in Cydia to see if your device is compatible with it just to be on the safe side.
- Siri Could Be Opened Up To Third Party Developers
- Apple A8 Processor Reportedly Enters Production
- Analyst Thinks iPhone 5c Is A Flop Because Of iPhone Cases
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Corning Executive Names Sapphire As Expensive, Heavy And Environmentally Unfriendly