If you’re looking forward to the iOS 5.1 jailbreak, things certainly are moving along pretty fast. According to iOS hacker pod2g, it seems that he and his team discovered two huge vulnerabilities: 1 kernel land exploit and 1 root land exploit. Unfortunately the exploits were not detailed, which we’re guessing is to prevent Apple from discovering it early and patching it up, or to prevent other iOS jailbreakers from beating him and his team to the punch. In any case it’s hard to say when the jailbreak will be released, but pod2g did announce a while back that the jailbreak tool could be released in a month or two but these things are hardly definite. Be sure to check with us in the future as we will keep you updated with the jailbreak’s progress.
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23: iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05: iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits
- 2012-05-11: Pod2g demonstrates untethered iOS 5.1 jailbreak on the new iPad
- 2012-04-19: Jailbreak for iOS 5.1 is seeing some progress