Just last week, we reported about a concept design for the iPhone’s unlocking mechanism called the “fold to unlock”. By the news we just received, it seems that someone has been listening and apparently put in the effort to come up with something that does just that. Just like many concepts in the past, developers have turned this one into a fully functional tweak for jailbroken iPhones and it is currently available for download via Cydia. The tweak which is called Unfold is available at the BigBoss repository which should be part of your Cydia sources by default.
To make this even sweeter, Unfold is free. Once installed and activated, it can transform your typical “slide to unlock” animation to something that looks like you’re folding off your ‘lock screen’. With all that said however, the tweak might be available for download already but the folks over at CultofMac have apparently had an issue with it. While it tested fine on some jailbroken devices, it caused one of them to lock up completely which resulted in the person in question booting up the phone in safe mode and removing the tweak. If you do give it a try, make sure to let us know how it went with a comment below.
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-06-11 3DBoard Jailbreak Tweak Brings Parallax Effect Onto Jailbroken iPhones
- 2013-04-18 Chinese App Store Clone 'KuaiYong' Installs Pirated iOS Apps Without Jailbreaking
- 2013-03-29 iOS 7 Jailbreak May Already Be In The Works
- 2013-03-04 iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Installed On Over 14 Million Devices
- 2013-02-08 iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days