Sometime at the end of last month, we mentioned about the possibility of iOS 5.1 jailbreak being released in a month’s time or two, while just yesterday, it seems that another two vulnerabilities were discovered in iOS 5.1 which could very well signal an imminent jailbreak. Well, just as the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire, so too, can you not escape the inevitability of it all, where infamous iOS hacker and Chronic Dev Team member ‘pod2g’ tweeted recently that he has already had his iPhone 4 run an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1.
Just what is the big deal about an untethered jailbreak? Well, for those who are not in the know, a tethered jailbreak means you will need to perform the jailbreak process all over again each time the device reboots, while an untethered jailbreak means doing it once only, and you will only need to perform a new jailbreak whenever a later version of iOS rolls around.
Still, it seems that there is plenty of work left to be done surrounding the untethered iOS 5.1 jailbreak where iPhone 4S owners are concerned, so iPhone 4 users are closer to the finish line than iPhone 4S owners. A little bit more patience is required here, folks, so let us give pod2g enough time for him to weave his magic.
Next Story: LG Optimus LTE2 announced, headed for Korea
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2013-06-11 3DBoard Jailbreak Tweak Brings Parallax Effect Onto Jailbroken iPhones
- 2013-04-18 Chinese App Store Clone 'KuaiYong' Installs Pirated iOS Apps Without Jailbreaking
- 2013-03-29 iOS 7 Jailbreak May Already Be In The Works
- 2013-03-04 iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Installed On Over 14 Million Devices
- 2013-02-08 iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days