At the CES in January this year, Verizon introduced two Jetpack mobile hotspots from ZTE and Novatel Wireless. We even wrote to you about the Verizon Jetpack manufactured by ZTE that promised to give Verizon users access to the Internet in and out of the country. Today, Verizon has announced that its Jetpack 890L will be available this coming May 24.
The Jetpack promises to create a personal Wi-Fi hotspot that is capable of sharing high-speed 4G LTE connectivity with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices. The Jetpack’s global-ready capability means that frequent travelers can enjoy wireless data service on their Wi-Fi-enabled devices in more than 205 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds.
Verizon has added the latest security software featuring VPN passthrough and WEP/WPA/WPA2 support to ensure secure connections. The Jetpack also features an OLED screen and interactive keypad, which helps customers manage their connections and settings and also displays data usage alerts.
According to Verizon, customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas. The company will be selling the Verizon Jetpack 890L for $19.99 after a $50 mail in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
Next Story: VIA launches $49 Android PC System
- 2014-04-23 Kyocera Brigadier Press Rendering For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-04-23 Red HTC One M8 For Verizon Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-23 Verizon Galaxy S5 'Camera Failed' Issue Irks Users
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2013-01-29 Verizon Jetpack 4G Hotspot 5510L Available January 31 For $20
- 2011-06-13 Verizon Wireless and Payfone to launch new payment system
- 2011-03-29 Verizon ships Samsung SCH-LC11
- 2011-03-27 Verizon offer Samsung SCH-LC11 mobile hotspot
- 2010-10-14 iPad Arrives At Verizon And AT&T Stores On Oct 28