A couple of days ago it was rumored that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0.4 update was expected to arrive on the day itself. However based on the majority of feedback we’ve received from you guys, it looks like that rumor did not pan out after all, but was it really a rumor? Coincidentally after reporting on the rumor, it looks like the Android 4.0.4 update (IMM76K) for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is available as a direct download via Google’s website. For those who might not remember, the download was available earlier this month on Google’s website but was later pulled for unknown reasons.
The download is now back up but it should be noted that this is not a complete install of Android 4.0.4. Instead it appears to be more of an update that requires users to flash it onto their devices themselves. Not only would this require a bit of technical knowledge, but it will require that your Galaxy Nexus have the stock Android running before you install. What this means is that for those who were a bit too impatient and have since flashed custom ROMs onto their Galaxy Nexus, this update is not for you. No word on when Verizon will officially be rolling out the update, but if you think you have the know-how and a stock factory image on your handset, the direct download can be found here.
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2013-03-05: Verizon Galaxy Nexus Finally Receives Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-08-29: Jelly Bean for Verizon Galaxy Nexus available (pre-release)
- 2012-05-30: Android 4.0.4 update for Verizon's Galaxy Nexus is imminent
- 2012-03-20: Verizon rumored to be testing Android 4.0.5 for the Galaxy Nexus
- 2012-02-15: 16 GB White Galaxy Nexus headed to Verizon?