I know, the AllWinner A10 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich PC can be considered to be one of the smallest computers in the market, as it is small enough to fit into your pocket, but you know for sure it will not have enough processing firepower to be able to run the latest games like Diablo 3. Far from it actually, but it will still pack a punch for the most basic of computing needs, with the right kind of apps thrown inside, of course. Well, VIA has done a pretty good job presenting themselves as a company that churns out pretty small computers themselves, and their latest effort is the VIA AMOS-3002 that sports an Eden X2 processor running underneath the hood.
This Pico-ITX-sized PC was specially built to cater for in-car infotainment purposes, where an embedded PC requires very little space as well as the capability for handling media tasks with aplomb. With the Eden X2, you get a dual-core 1GHz processor that needs no fan to keep it cool, and yet it packs enough processing muscle to deliver 1080p video flawlessly. Other hardware specifications include dual gigabit Ethernet jacks, optional 3G connectivity and a 2.5″ hard drive to boot. It can also handle up to 50G’s worth of shock, and can handle temperatures between -4F and 140F.
Next Story: Project Glass to receive controls?
- 2014-03-18: Mi World Portable Computing System
- 2014-03-13: Install Xbox One Controller On PC
- 2014-02-05: Apple Clinched 19.5 Percent Of Global PC And Tablet Market In Q4 2013
- 2014-01-27: R-Kaid Revelation Lets You Game In Style
- 2014-01-15: ICE xPC Is A Modular PC
- 2012-05-22: VIA launches $49 Android PC System
- 2012-05-17: VIA AMOS-3002 is one small computer
- 2012-03-23: VIA and Wishtel announce the world's first Indian language tablets
- 2012-02-23: VIA Quad Core Mini-ITX Boards are world's first
- 2012-01-05: Lenovo A30 Internet TV Set Top Box is powered by VIA Nano