Just ahead of E3, Qualcomm is launching the selection stage of its Snapdragon World Record challenge, an event in which gamers will attempt to set the world record for the longest video game marathon on a tablet device (the previous record stands at 24hrs!). The record-breaking event will be held during E3, but on May 22nd, candidates can enter the qualification stage to prove that they can take on this world record: there are only 50 spots available.
My understanding is that during the qualification stage, participants will play on a yet-to-be-revealed tablet game, but during the record-breaking event in June, there will be a variety of games to even the odds. Once qualified in May, the candidates will compete during E3 not only to break the record, but also to win a $20,000 grand prize out of $50,000 worth of cash prizes. Now, that sounds like a good way to spend one’s time.
Those who are interested in this challenge can register at qualcomm.com/snapdragon/worldrecord, and we wish them good luck. Ubergizmo will be at E3, and will stop by to witness this entry into the Guiness Book of World Records. Stay tuned.RELATED
- NVIDIA SHIELD Gets Android 4.3, Gamepad Mapper
- SHIELD Console Mode: SHIELD “Box” Coming Next?
- NVIDIA Shield Delayed Due To "Mechanical Issue"
- Xbox One Internet Connection Requirement And Used Games DRM Rescinded
- PS4 Console Finally Revealed; Available This Holiday Season For $399
- Follow: qualcomm, snapdragon,