I don’t know about you, but I kind of fear for Nintendo in the next round of home console wars – Sony and Microsoft are certainly doing all they can to deliver on the graphical front, not to mention offer an engaging array of other entertainment options on their respective consoles at this moment, so one can only expect a natural progression of something better in the future iteration. How about Nintendo? The Wii U seems to concentrate more on the gaming experience instead of offering drop dead gorgeous graphics, although this does not detract from the fact that it will have better graphical hardware than its predecessor. Only time will tell whether this is a fatal mistake or just a slight annoyance, but we do know that the Wii U’s controller comes with a built-in rechargeable battery, so it makes sense that a charging dock is in the works.
Recently, NeoGAF user Aostia claimed to have uncovered a patent from Nintendo that pointed in the general direction of a charging dock for the Wii U controller. Basically, it seems as though this alleged charging dock will function in pretty much the same way as that of the cradle that came with the Nintendo 3DS handheld console. Logically speaking, it makes sense as well, as a close-up of the controller’s bottom edge displays a couple of two metal contacts which ought to fit into a dock nicely. What do you think?
Next Story: LaserSaber turns on the Star Wars style
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2012-02-06: Sony patent reveals Wii U-like controller
- 2011-09-06: 2009 Sony patent reveals Nintendo Wii U similarities?
- 2011-08-15: Wii U WiiPad controller patent looked into