When you think of Zynga, games like FarmVille, CityVille, CastleVille, FishVille, FrontierVille, PetVille and YoVille come to mind, which is why we guess we’re not too surprised to hear that Zynga has sued European game developer, Kobojo over the PyramidVille game. The game was released last year and made its way onto mobile devices thanks to a partnership with BulkyPix.
Zynga is suing Kobojo over in the US and are claiming that the game developer willfully violated their trademark rights and is exploiting its “hard-earned reputation in the social gaming space”. Zynga is looking to stop Kobojo from using the PyramidVille name and are also asking for damages “including without limitation three times the amount of any and all profits realized” by Kobojo over the PyramidVille name. What do you guys think? Did Kobojo blatantly violate Zynga’s trademarks by calling their game PyramidVille? Check out the full complaint below.
- 2014-04-17: Zynga Goes Back To Basics With FarmVille 2: Country Escape
- 2014-03-03: Zynga Takes Mobile Route With FarmVille, Words With Friends
- 2014-01-06: Zynga To Start Testing Bitcoin As A Payment Option
- 2013-09-27: Candy Crush Saga Developer Apparently Files For IPO
- 2013-07-31: Zynga Sues Makers Of "Bang With Friends" App Over Alleged Trademark Infringement