Thanks to Instagram user, Zac Altman, he has managed to snap a photo of a banner for iOS 6 at the Moscone convention center which basically confirms its announcement at WWDC happening next week. Prior to the banner going up, it was only speculation that iOS 6 would be announced at WWDC since Apple had yet to confirm it. However given that WWDC is usually when Apple takes the wraps off their next major iOS update, we guess this was not a complete surprise. According to Apple’s description of WWDC, the “future of iOS” will be discussed, which presumably will pertain to iOS 6 and its features.
So far what we do know is that Tim Cook hinted at possible Facebook integration, the possible replacement of Google Maps with Apple’s own, Siri for the iPad and possibly a redesigned iTunes App Store amongst other things. Will these rumors pan out? We guess we will find out in a couple of days, so be sure to check back with us this Monday for the details! In the meantime, what sort of features or changes are you looking forward to in iOS 6? Personally speaking I’m curious to see how Apple’s own Maps will hold its own against Google Maps, a service which iOS users have been using and are familiar with ever since its inception.
Next Story: Green Mesh PC case bares all
- 2014-04-03: WWDC 2014 Confirmed For June 2 to June 6
- 2014-03-02: New Apple TV Might Not Be Around The Corner
- 2013-09-25: Drivers Take Alaska Airport Taxiway As Apple Maps Leads Them Astray
- 2013-06-25: iOS 7 System Icons Preferred Over iOS 6 Icons [Poll]
- 2013-05-17: iOS Devices Now Approved For Military Use By Department Of Defense
- 2013-04-22: Download Later Option Added To iOS 6 And iTunes 11
- 2013-03-27: iOS 6.1.3 Users Report Battery Drain, Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
- 2012-06-11: Official: iOS 6 announced and detailed
- 2012-06-09: Apple WWDC: What's On The Radar