After detailing the MacBook Pro, Mac Pro and MacBook Air specs, the folks at 9to5 Mac are back with specs that allegedly belong to that of a new MacBook laptop. Not only is this particular laptop expected to feature a new design, but it is also expected to feature a Retina-display. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but we guess with a couple of hours left before WWDC, we will wait this one out and see what Apple will announce. Back to the specs – 9to5 Mac’s sources have revealed that this particular MacBook Pro will come in three different configurations and will sport a 15.4” display.
Its processor will be clocked at 2.3GHz/2.6GHz/2.7GHz and will come with 8GB or 16GB RAM configurations, depending on which model you choose from. Interestingly they also come packed with SSDs starting at 256GB, increasing to 512GB and last but not least, a whopping 768GB! This is pretty close to the normal 1TB storage options that come with most computers and laptops, but with the added advantage of having faster load and resume from sleep times. Given the size of those SSDs and presumably the new display, this MacBook Pro will not come cheap and supposedly will retail for more than $4,000 for the high-end configuration. Ouch! Assuming this information is accurate, are there any takers?
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2012-06-11: Alleged Mac Pro and MacBook Pro specs and configurations detailed prior to WWDC
- 2012-06-05: Apple rumored to refresh the majority of its Mac computers at WWDC
- 2009-06-08: New 15-inch MacBook Pro Unveiled
- 2009-06-08: 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 2009-06-08: Apple WWDC 2009 Round Up