Earlier today, it seems that photos of the MacBook Pros internals got leaked, and based on its design which is similar in nature to the previous generation’s MacBook Pro, it looks like hopes for a redesigned laptop could be shattered – assuming the photos are to be believed, of course. That being said, the folks at 9to5 Mac have been tipped off regarding some of the specs and the configurations for the upcoming MacBook Pros and the Mac Pro.
Their sources have revealed that as far as the MacBook Pro is concerned, they be available in 13.3” and 15.4” options, each sporting two different configurations of their own. The 13.3” model will be available in either a 2.5GHz or a 2.9GHz dual-core configuration with either 4GB or 8GB worth of RAM and 500GB or 750GB HDD options. The 15.4” models will be available with either 2.3GHz or 2.6GHz quad-core processors, 4GB or 8GB of RAM and 500GB or 750GB storage options.
The Mac Pros will come with three options with either a 3.2GHz/2.4GHz quad-core/12-core processor, 6GB/12 of RAM, a 1TB hard drive and an ATI Radeon 5770 GPU. The third option is apparently the server option which will sport a 3.2GHz quad-core processor, 8GB of RAM and will come with two 1TB hard drives.
It seems that the 17” MacBook Pro model was not listed, thus giving credibility to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo’s predictions that the laptop would be discontinued. As far as the Retina-capable MacBook Pros are concerned, the details, assuming there are any to be had, aren’t available yet but 9to5 Mac believes that they will come in a 15” form factor. Either way since this information is hardly official, we suggest you check back with us during WWDC for more updates!
Next Story: Chip-based human organs are part of the future?
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-06-09: WWDC 2013 Announcements: Speculation And Rumor Roundup
- 2013-04-09: Apple To Release Revamped Macbook Lineup In Q2
- 2013-04-08: Apple To Reveal New Mac Pro Revamp This Month
- 2012-06-11: Purported 15.4" MacBook Pro with Retina display specs revealed, does not come cheap
- 2012-06-05: Apple rumored to refresh the majority of its Mac computers at WWDC