We’ve seen a couple of alleged leaked iPhone 5 components over the last few days, along with a purported schematic that is said to be the iPhone 5’s design and thanks to the folks at Macotakara, it looks like they have managed to get their hands on what appears to be the front panel of the iPhone 5. As you can see, when placed over the front panel of the iPhone 4S, the new front panel is noticeably larger and measures in at 10.33mm, which is a little over 4”, thus corroborating the claims of a larger display.
It also seems to corroborate rumors that the larger display would be “longer” as opposed to be wider, but then again since the legitimacy of these “leaked” components cannot be verified, it’s hard to say if these parts are merely prototypes, fakes or if it could actually be the real thing! So what do you guys think? We’ve heard conflicting reports of the display with some claiming it will be 3.95” inches, while others claim it will be 4”. At this point in time it is a little early to start “confirming” the design of the next-gen iPhone, so we guess we will wait and see what Apple has in store for us. In the meantime you can check out the video below for more details.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger