It seems that Apple is kind of late with the refresh of some of their products but assuming the rumors are to be believed, WWDC is when Apple could be unveiling all of their refreshed Mac computers, such as new MacBook Airs and MacBook Pros with Ivy Bridge processors, the new iMac and possibly even a long-overdue refresh of the Mac Pro computer. According to 9to5 Mac’s sources, Apple will be refreshing four out of the five Mac lineup which consists of the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini and the Mac Pro.
So far there have been plenty of rumors suggesting upgraded versions of the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro, with the latter featuring a possible redesign which could see the 17” model axed from the lineup. Next would be the iMac which according to rumors, could feature a new anti-glare display. That leaves the Mac mini and Mac Pro which there haven’t really been many rumors about so far. While the Mac mini was upgraded last year, the Mac Pro has not been touched for a couple of years, leading many to fear that the Mac Pro could be left untouched.
9to5 Mac’s sources have also informed them that apart from the hardware refresh of the Mac computer lineup, Apple will also be debuting new accessories such as refreshed keyboards and mice, cables, etc. Either way WWDC will be taking place next week so we guess we will just have to wait until then and see if these rumors pan out. Until then we suggest taking this with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-03: WWDC 2014 Confirmed For June 2 to June 6
- 2014-03-02: New Apple TV Might Not Be Around The Corner
- 2013-06-10: WWDC 2013 Keynote Livestream Available On Apple Products
- 2013-06-09: WWDC 2013 Announcements: Speculation And Rumor Roundup
- 2013-06-07: iOS 7 Banners Spotted At Moscone West
- 2013-06-07: Apple Reportedly Signs Deal With Sony For iRadio Ahead Of WWDC
- 2013-04-09: Apple To Release Revamped Macbook Lineup In Q2
- 2012-10-19: Retina MacBook Pro 13 to start at $1699?
- 2012-06-11: Alleged Mac Pro and MacBook Pro specs and configurations detailed prior to WWDC
- 2011-10-26: Apple unibody case plant to reopen by the end of October