MobileMe users, if you have yet to move your files from the service onto Apple’s brand new iCloud service, you have apparently 30 days to do so. Thanks to (S)ain’t, it seems that Apple has started sending out notices to MobileMe subscribers, informing them that the service is due to end in 30 days. Originally launched in 2008, MobileMe was met with less than stellar reviews and this was acknowledged by Steve Jobs himself, Apple’s late co-founder, in an internal email sent to employees. He basically stated that MobileMe was not up to Apple’s standards and was launched too hurriedly. The service has since been replaced by iCloud and is expected to shutdown on the 30th of June. So if you have yet to make the move to iCloud or download your data to your PC or Mac, you should probably start doing so.
- 2013-10-01: Former MobileMe Users Now Being Shifted To Standard iCloud Storage
- 2012-09-24: MobileMe users reach end of iCloud storage road
- 2012-06-01: Apple starts sending MobileMe users 30 day warning
- 2012-04-19: Apple Gives Away Snow Leopard for MobileMe Users to Get Onto iCloud
- 2012-04-13: German Court Upholds Ban on Push Email in Apple’s iCloud and MobileMe
- 2012-02-24: iCloud and MobileMe email down in Germany, workarounds already available