It was a couple of weeks back that ArenaNet held the second Guild Wars 2 beta weekend, and we’re sure that there are many gamers who are looking forward to finally seeing the game being released. That being said, it could be closer than we think. ArenaNet has posted on their blog that come 27th of June, Wednesday, from 10am to 2pm PDT, they will be holding a stress test of their servers. This is open to gamers who have pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and it’s basically a test to see how well their servers will be able to hold up when the game is eventually released.
Although to be honest perhaps opening up the stress test to everyone would be a better test, but we guess one step at a time, right? They also stated that they will not be wiping characters from the previous beta weekends, so gamers should be able to pick up where they left off with their current beta toons. However it should be noted that stress tests usually aren’t a fun experience for gamers as it could involve a lot of latency issues, disconnections and errors (think Diablo 3’s stress test weekend), so don’t expect too much this coming Wednesday.
- 2013-08-23: Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Announced
- 2013-07-01: ArenaNet Opens Guild Wars 2 APIs To Developers
- 2013-06-27: ArenaNet To Release Guild Wars 2 Updates Every Two Weeks Now
- 2013-05-14: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pack Currently Underway According To NCsoft
- 2013-01-29: Guild Wars 2 Content Update Arrives
- 2012-11-28: ArenaNet introduces character makeover options for Guild Wars 2
- 2012-11-02: The Lost Shores will be the next Guild Wars 2 update