[E3 2012] Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition has just been announced at the Nintendo press conference at this year’s E3, which clearly shows that Nintendo is not going to sit comfortably on their past glories with franchises that still have plenty of punch left in them (Mario, anyone?). Catering for the more mature and hardcore crowd, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition shows off Batman and his nemesis, Catwoman, in armored versions, and both of them are fully playable to boot. There is a special BAT mode that is exclusive to the Wii U, where the suit can be activated to power up Batman. Gathering up “kinectic energy”, it can be deployed to dish out “more damage”, or so we have been told.
Not only that, a new remote-controlled batarang can be “flown” around thanks to the Wii U gamepad, where at the crucial moment in the game, you can tap on the explosive foam in order to detonate it. Your inventory is paraded on the secondary display, while it offers an added dimension of gameplay – sort of like the Nintendo DS on steroids, I say. Will Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition’s gameplay be enhanced with the Wii U controller? Only time will tell. Enjoy more images of Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition after the jump.
- Bethesda’s Silence Is Deafening For Fallout Fans
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Bethesda Has Nothing To Announce At The Spike TV VGX
- Final Fantasy VIII Launches On PC Via Steam
- UK Teen Pays £450 For Xbox One Day One Edition On eBay, Receives Photo Instead
- Follow: batman, nintendo, wii u,