[E3 2012] Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition has just been announced at the Nintendo press conference at this year’s E3, which clearly shows that Nintendo is not going to sit comfortably on their past glories with franchises that still have plenty of punch left in them (Mario, anyone?). Catering for the more mature and hardcore crowd, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition shows off Batman and his nemesis, Catwoman, in armored versions, and both of them are fully playable to boot. There is a special BAT mode that is exclusive to the Wii U, where the suit can be activated to power up Batman. Gathering up “kinectic energy”, it can be deployed to dish out “more damage”, or so we have been told.
Not only that, a new remote-controlled batarang can be “flown” around thanks to the Wii U gamepad, where at the crucial moment in the game, you can tap on the explosive foam in order to detonate it. Your inventory is paraded on the secondary display, while it offers an added dimension of gameplay – sort of like the Nintendo DS on steroids, I say. Will Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition’s gameplay be enhanced with the Wii U controller? Only time will tell. Enjoy more images of Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition after the jump.
Next Story: Nintendo details the Wii U GamePad
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-02-09: Batman: Arkham Origins DLC To Be Prioritized Over Bug Fixes
- 2013-12-12: Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- 2013-12-09: If Batman Loved Golf...
- 2013-11-04: Make-A-Wish Foundation Wants To Turn San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- 2013-10-08: Recycled PlayStation 2 Sees Second Life As Batman's Tumbler
- 2013-04-09: Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U