Belkin has been showing off their Thunderbolt Express Dock a couple of times before, and it looks like this could be the final version before it is finally released this September. Now in the past Belkin had unveiled this particular accessory, most notably back in CES 2012. For those who might remember, well this third version of the Thunderbolt Express Dock has undergone a slight redesign. The new version will feature a pair of Thunderbolt ports – one for connecting to your computer and the other that will allow for the daisy chaining of more Thunderbolt devices.
It will also come with three USB 3.0 ports which is an upgrade over the USB 2.0 ports seen in the previous versions, a FireWire 800 port, Gigabit Ethernet, eSATA, a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter along with audio in and out. Unfortunately if you were hoping that the inclusion of the USB 3.0 ports and the audio in port would not bump the price of the accessory up, you’re out of luck as the Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock has seen its price increase from $299.99 to $399.99 – as if the original version wasn’t expensive enough already! Either way if you’ve got the cash to spare and you think that this is a worthy investment, September is a date you’ll want to mark down in your calendar.
- 2014-01-05 Belkin Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker Announced
- 2013-10-23 Belkin Announces iPad Air Compatible Keyboard Cases And Other Accessories
- 2013-10-21 Belkin Skorpion Will Detect Malware While Recharging Your Android Device
- 2013-08-30 LEGO And Belkin Team Up For iPhone 5 Case
- 2013-07-22 Belkin WeMo Light Switch Now Available