Some users prefer AMOLED displays, while others prefer the Retina display found on the iPhone 4/4S, but we guess Chinese company Qihoo 360 thinks that making a budget phone with Retina display might be a better idea and could set themselves apart from the sea of AMOLED displays currently available in the market today. This was revealed by the company’s chairman himself, Zhou Hong Yi on his Weibo account along with a photo of the device. We guess based on the Alcatel branding, Alcatel will be the one putting the device together, either that or he has decided to use a placeholder image.
Whichever the case, the handset will be dubbed the Qihoo AK47 and will feature a 4.5” display with a resolution of 1280×720, thereby giving the handset 326ppi, which is apparently enough to be classified as “Retina”. It will be powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4460 processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, a 2MP front-facing camera, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a 1,800mAh battery and will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. According to Zhou, the handset will be available sometime later this month and is expected to be priced at 1,699 RMB (~$274). So, what do you guys think? $274 is pretty affordable especially if you’re looking for Galaxy Nexus-like specs with a Retina display.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-18: Future Google Nexus Smartphone Might Have MediaTek Solution Powering It
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)