Barnes & Noble, the largest book retailer in the U.S., has announced a partnership today with DC Entertainment to include DC Comics and Vertigo characters to the Nook Tablet and Nook Color. Users of the Nook for Android app will also get the chance to enjoy the new comics. The deal brings in more than 100 DC titles with additional novels added each month. Apart from the delicious addition, Barnes & Noble is also introducing Zoom View, an all-new NOOK Comics feature designed for NOOK Tablet and NOOK Color. The said feature will reportedly allow readers to focus in on individual panels in graphic novels and comics. It will be available on all DC Entertainment titles.
“Our goal is to reach the broadest possible audience and this new partnership with Barnes & Noble brings Batman, Superman and many other iconic DC Comics and Vertigo characters to the millions of NOOK Tablet and NOOK Color readers,” DC co-publisher Jim Lee said. “Barnes & Noble is committed to offering NOOK customers a wide selection of digital graphic novels, and we’re excited to offer DC Entertainment’s fan-favorite collections on NOOK,” said Jim Hilt, Vice President of eBooks for Barnes & Noble. Titles include Watchmen, All Star Superman, The Sandman, and many more.
Next Story: Verizon to ship Galaxy S3 by July 12
- 2014-03-13 Nook App For Windows Halted
- 2014-02-26 Next Generation NOOK Tablet Is In The Pipeline
- 2014-02-10 Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09 Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-11-11 NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2013-08-20 Barnes & Noble Continue To Work On NOOK Tablets
- 2013-06-06 Barnes & Noble NOOK Snaps Unveiled
- 2013-02-24 Barnes & Noble Consider Quitting Nook Game