Back in 2011, it was discovered in Steam registry entries that there was a possible of Square Enix bringing Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 8 onto Valve’s gaming portal. For those purchase the bulk of their games through Steam, we can imagine that this was probably good news. If you were disappointed that there hasn’t been much news about FF7 for Steam for about a year, you’re in luck as a leaked product description has suggested that FF7 for Steam could be arriving soon.
This is apparently a new edition of FF7 and will come with several of Steam’s features built into the game. This includes a new achievement system (36 to be exact), cloud saving as well as the inclusion of online profiles for you to compare your game progress with your friends. There is also a new item called the Character Booster, which will max out both your HP, MP and Gils for when you (according to its description), “find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down.” No word on when the game for Steam will be released, but assuming the info is accurate, gamers can expect to pay £7.99/€9.99 for it.
- 2014-04-16: Wolfenstein: The New Order Pre-Order Bonuses Includes TF2 Items And DOOM Beta Access
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-13: Steam Controller Goes On Sale This October/November (Rumor)
- 2014-04-08: Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor Recommended Specs Revealed
- 2014-03-17: Developers Reveal That Most Gamers Do Not Finish Their Games