Flipboard has already been the talk of the town since last month when it launched in beta for Android. If you love the beta version of the app on your Android device, then today’s your lucky day because the app has officially launched in Android. Earlier this week, we mentioned that Google Vice President of Product Management Bradley Horowitz confirmed that Flipboard and Google+ will be working together in bringing streams to the app. But Flipboard did not stop there, as we are hearing that the news magazine app has also added YouTube as a source.
While it is good to hear that the app has been officially launched in Android, Flipboard marketing executive Marci McCue said that the company isn’t building a version of the app for larger Android tablets, at least for now. “We focus on taking one step at a time. As far as tablets go, the biggest player is the iPad. We’ll watch the market, but right now the market is the iPad,” McCue said. The app is now reportedly available on Google Play and will be pre-loaded on the Samsung Galaxy S3 as well.
- 2014-04-04: Flipboard For Windows Phone Spotted At BUILD
- 2014-01-14: Facebook Paper Rumored To Be The Company's Answer To Flipboard
- 2013-11-11: Flipboard Introduces Shoppable Magazines Called Catalogs
- 2013-09-04: Flipboard For BlackBerry To Be Released 'Soon'
- 2013-08-14: Flipboard iOS Update Brings GIF Support
- 2013-07-01: Flipboard Reaffirms App Coming To Windows Phone Devices
- 2013-03-27: Flipboard Updated To Version 2.0, Adds Pinterest-like Features
- 2013-01-14: Flipboard Daydream Arrives On Android 4.2
- 2012-11-15: Flipboard for iOS adds new Books section from Apple's iBookstore