Foxconn is Apple’s primary manufacturing partner, so if the rumored Apple TV (or iTV) were to be true, we guess we wouldn’t be surprised if Foxconn were to manufacture it as well. That being said, it seems that Foxconn is reportedly in talks and could be looking to purchase more shares in Sharp. This would be on top of the 10% stake they currently own which they bought earlier this year in March, which has since fueled speculation and the rumors that the Apple television could be in the works.
This is because with the additional stake that Foxconn has in Sharp, they are hoping that they will be able to leverage Sharp’s state-of-the-art LCD factory located in Sakai, Japan to enter Apple’s supply chain for the rumored television set. Of course this is merely speculation at this point and with the rumors that Apple could debut the rumored television set later this year, we guess we will have to wait and see to find out. Until then we suggest you not read too much into this and remember to stay tuned for the latest updates.
Next Story: Pico projector used to create mini police car
- 2014-04-10: 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-06: New Sharp Aquos TVs Go On Sale In The US
- 2014-01-22: Sharp Introduces Aquos Mini SHL24
- 2014-01-16: Sharp Announces 15.6" Windows 8.1 Tablet
- 2014-01-06: Sharp Unveils New 8K Television Systems
- 2012-06-21: Apple television display panels rumored to be making their way to Foxconn in Q3 2012
- 2012-05-24: Sharp and Foxconn Team Up for Next iPhone Display Plant in China
- 2011-07-19: Sharp and Chimei Innolux LCD manufacturing joint venture