It looks like a faster HTC One S that comes equipped with a 1.7GHz Snapdragon S3 processor is not just meant for release in Taiwan, but rather, it will also make its way to select markets in due time. HTC has, after all, confirmed the existence of a faster dual-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor in their HTC One S which will make an appearance in select Asian and European markets. Right now, we do know that the slower version (which is also the current model) of the handset is being circulated around the US, UK, Japan, Korea, France, and Germany.
In order to clear things up for consumers, HTC will label the S3 versions of the Android powered smartphone in the markets where there is a change – so those who see the dual-core 1.7GHz label will automatically know it is a Snapdragon S3 running underneath the hood, and if your eyes spot a dual-core 1.5GHz, then you know that the Snapdragon S4 is breathing in the chassis. Does 200MHz of processing power on your smartphone make that much of a difference in your productivity?
Next Story: TomTom licenses maps data to Apple for iOS 6
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2013-07-17 HTC One S "Ville" Might Get Android 4.2.2 Update
- 2013-07-02 HTC One S Won't Get Any More Android Updates
- 2013-04-25 T-Mobile’s HTC One S Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update At Last
- 2013-02-19 T-Mobile HTC One S Gets Tiny Security Enhancement Update
- 2012-06-26 SIM unlock your HTC One S without forking out a cent