Apple is expected to unveil iOS 6 at WWDC later on which was pretty much a given ever since the banner for the upcoming iOS update was spotted a few days ago. However given that Apple has pretty much thrown things off last year with the iPhone 4S only being announced in the later part of 2011, it is safe to assume that Apple will be repeating that pattern this year and probably the next few years, unless of course something changes from now until then. That being said, when can iOS users expect to update their devices to iOS 6?
According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo in a note obtained by the folks at Apple Insider, it seems that we can expect Apple to unveil the Golden Master (GM) version of iOS 6 in September which was when he was also quoted as saying, “Based on the release schedule for iOS 6 GM, there is a very good chance iPhone 5 will start shipping also in early September.” Either way we expect details of iOS 6 along with Apple’s refresh of their Mac series of computers to be unveiled then, so check back with us in a few hours for all the details!
[Image credit - CNET]
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-02-04 iPhone 5, iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Now Available For Windows, Mac & Linux
- 2013-01-04 New iPhone 5 Ad Highlights Broken Do Not Disturb iOS 6 Feature
- 2012-11-26 Google Voice Optimized for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
- 2012-10-01 Jailbreak for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 not expected for months
- 2012-09-25 Eric Schmidt: No Google Maps for iOS 6. Now What?