Remember how Microsoft handled the apparent leak of documents surrounding the next generation Xbox, where some have dubbed it the Xbox 720 by virtue of doubling its model number to denote a sequel? Well, we do know that Microsoft did not make any confirmation of the leak as well as legitimacy of those documents, but neither did they step forward to deny the event, either. A development source has informed CVG that the recent, leaked, 56-page Microsoft manifesto for the next Xbox console is indeed the real deal.
All Microsoft said was, “We understand there is great interest and anticipation for what comes next for Xbox and we are lucky to have customers who are so passionate about the platform. Today, there has never been a better time to own an Xbox 360 console. We have found new ways to extend the console lifecycle by introducing controller-free experiences with Kinect and we’ve re-invented the console with a new dashboard and new entertainment content partnerships. We are continually thinking about the future of the platform and when we have something to share, we will.”
Well, would you take what Microsoft has said at face value, and just waltz into a store to pick up an Xbox 360 since it does seem to have its fair share of legs left?
- 2014-04-08 Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08 HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07 Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31 Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20 Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-03-13 Microsoft Quietly Killed Off The Xbox 360 2-Year Contract Plans, Claims It Was An Experiment