Ever wondered what exactly happened that caused the story behind Left 4 Dead? If you’re a fan of the franchise and you’re wondering what on earth happened that turned everyone into flesh eating zombies, you might be in luck. As rumor would have it, it seems that developers Overkill Entertainment are said to be working on a new Left 4 Dead title. Assuming the report is accurate and is to be believed, this particular title (whose name is still unknown at this point) will basically be a prequel to Left 4 Dead and will tell the story of what happened which led to the zombie outbreak. According to Overkill (via CVG), the game has been described (but not confirmed) as a “very cool blend of Payday and Left 4 Dead”. Either way we will be keeping our eyes peeled for this one, but what do you guys think? Are you looking forward to playing a Left 4 Dead title that offers up some backstory on the franchise?
- 2013-08-20: Left 4 Dead 2 Beta Francis Is Now Available
- 2013-08-05: Left 4 Dead 3, Source 2 Seen In Valve Offices (Rumor)
- 2013-03-15: Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead 2 Crossing Over In Free Update This Spring
- 2012-10-01: Left 4 Dead 3 will happen according to Valve, no dates or time frame mentioned
- 2012-07-24: Left 4 Dead 2 Cold Stream DLC arrives on Mac and PC, Xbox 360 version gets delayed