The MacBook Pro is not spared from a hardware refresh either at WWDC 2012, where it has been described as the “quintessential professional notebook”. Underneath the hood, you will be able to enjoy a performance boost with new Ivy Bridge processors that max out at 2.7GHz on the quad-core i7, accompanied by integrated graphics that are claimed by Apple to be up to 60% faster than its predecessor. You can also turbo boost the processor to touch 3.7GHz – way to go! As for the 15″ MacBook Pro, it will come with the Kepler GeForce GT 650M 1GB video processor.
Just like the newly revamped MacBook Air, the new MacBook Pro will also feature USB 3.0 connectivity on the 13″ and 15″ models. How much will your pocket be affected though? The 13″ model will start from $1,199 and touch $1,499 if you opt for the dual-core i7 processor. As for the 15″ model, it will retail for $1,799 for the base model and $2,199 for the faster model.
I guess the optical drive has remained, and as to whether that is bad or good, it depends on which side of the fence you lean on. The revamped MacBook Pros will ship today.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Follow: Apple Inc, macbook, Macbook Pro,