Magellan Navigation, the California-based creator of professional-grade global positioning system receivers, recently announced a partnership with Canadian geospatial solutions provider Effigis. Both companies will be working on a solution that will collect and post-process geo-localized data using Effigis’ own OnPOZ software on the Magellan eXplorist GIS Pro 10. The eXplorist GIS Pro 10 is a handy yet robust and waterproof GPS device specifically designed for professional GPS/ GIS data collection. The device features a 3-inch WQVGA touchscreen, a 533 MHz processor, 128 MB of RAM, and 4GB of onboard storage. Magellan said that three of Effigis’ OnPOZ precision positioning software products will be made available on the eXplorist GIS Pro 10.
Effigis’ OnPOZ software products that will be added on the device will include the geospatial data acquisition software EZTag CE, GNSS Driver for ArcPad – a software extension that improves data collection, and GNSS post-processing software EZSurv. Magellan said that the combination will provide a powerful, accurate, and cost-effective solution for collecting and post-processing GIS data. The Magellan eXplorist GIS Pro 10 with Effigis OnPOZ software is now available in all Magellan-authorized GIS resellers. The company added that there’s also a software-only add-on for users who already purchased the Pro 10. The device is currently sold at $699.99 via Magellan’s official website.
- 2014-04-14 Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08 Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27 Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06 HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2013-10-03 Pack Your Hunting Gear: Magellan eXplorist 350H GPS Arrives At The US
- 2012-07-30 Magellan eXplorist TOPO! Special Editions for hikers announced
- 2012-05-07 Magellan RoadMate portable automobile navigation range announced
- 2012-01-09 Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS
- 2012-01-06 Magellan Switch and Switch-up