As most Mass Effect 3 players can agree, the ending of the game left much to be desired. In fact so many players kicked up a fuss over the issue that BioWare has decided to release an extended cut DLC that will (hopefully) appease loyal gamers of the Mass Effect franchise. Well if you’re still awaiting a “proper” ending to Mass Effect 3, you’re in luck as the free Extended Cut DLC has been scheduled for a release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the PC tomorrow. Unfortunately for PlayStation 3 owners in Europe, you guys will have to wait until the 4th of July for it. We’re not sure why this is the case, but that’s what it seems to be for now.
BioWare has also stated on its FAQ page that the Extended Cut DLC will not be a new ending to the game. Instead it is meant to expand on the meaning of the original endings and “reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions.” Well whatever the case, hopefully this DLC will appease the majority of the fans out there, so if you’re wondering about the Extended Cut DLC and how to download it, head on over to the Mass Effect page for the details (warning: potential spoilers in the FAQ for those who have yet to complete the game)!
- 2014-01-19: Fan Details Alternative Mass Effect 3 Ending In 500 Page Document
- 2013-03-04: Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-02-21: Mass Effect 3 Receiving Two New DLC Packs On Feb. 26, Mar. 5
- 2012-11-27: Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC Debuts
- 2012-08-28: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC out today
- 2012-08-15: Mass Effect 3: Leviathan dated by BioWare
- 2012-08-07: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC coming soon