Today, we are hearing reports that Microsoft will be announcing something big very soon. According to TheWrap, an insider has tipped them that Microsoft will be launching its own flagship tablet at an unknown press event next week. The publication said that the purported tablet will allegedly challenge the iPad’s authority in the tablet niche. The said event, on the other hand, hasn’t been officially announced, although the insider said that it will happen on Monday, June 18, at 3:30 P.M. Microsoft, however, declined to comment about the report.
AllThingsD is also backing up the report saying that Microsoft has scheduled an event on Monday in Los Angeles for a “major” announcement. The veteran publication also said that the event could center around Microsoft’s tablet strategy. Sources mentioned that Microsoft has decided that it needs a tablet of its own in order to better compete with Apple’s iPad. For now, we cannot confirm the veracity of the reports. But the pieces of the puzzle are beginning to fall into place. By the way, Mashable claims that it has already received an invitation for the event. Stay tuned as we give you more updates.
Next Story: Newmail is Hotmail rebooted
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft Surface Mini Accessories Listed By Amazon Retailer
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released