If you’re in the market for a couple of new tablets, NEC has recently announced two new tablets dubbed the LifeTouch L. Yup, you read it right, both tablets will be known as the LifeTouch L but the difference between them is that one will be aimed at regular consumers like you and I, while the other will be aimed at the business user. However the difference only comes in the software, with the business version sporting an additional security software suite which will aid in the prevention of loss or in the case of theft. The ones intended for regular consumers will get a software suite of its own which will help parents protect their kids from certain websites online.
As far as hardware is concerned, both tablets will feature the same hardware which is a TI OMAP4460 1.5GHz processor, a 10.1” 1280×800 IPS display, a battery capable of lasting 13 hours, WiFi and storage options of 16GB or 32GB (the business version will only sport 16GB) and will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. No word on pricing just yet, but the tablet aimed at individual users is expected to see a release on the 5th of July.
- 2013-11-14: NEC PaPeRo Petit Announced
- 2013-11-12: NEC Develops Cameraless Monitoring System
- 2013-10-02: NEC NeoFace Face Recognition Technology
- 2013-09-30: NEC Portable DNA Analyzer aims for 30 minute identification window
- 2013-08-01: NEC Quits Making Smartphones, Maintains Tablet Market