Nikkei of Japan says that Nintedo is preparing to make an announcement for a new 3DS model tomorrow at Nintendo’s press conference, and this particular model will also be larger in terms of size. Hmmm, it does seem to remind me of the Nintendo DSi XL that was released some time after the Nintendo DSi emerged on the market, although one cannot say that the larger model proved to be a runaway hit in terms of sales figures. Never mind, perhaps there is something about the newer 3DS which will appeal to the mass market, or will it come with better Wii U compatibility? All of those questions, and I am sure that there are more floating around, ought to be answered by the time the Nintendo press conference ends tomorrow, and we intend to cover what’s happening there on the showfloor, so stay tuned!
What we do know about the revised SKU is this – it will boast a 4.3″ screen, which is 1.5 times larger compared to the display that you see on the standard 3DS at this point in time, and there is also a high probability of the second stick being included as standard instead of the Circle Pad add-on. Touted to arrive in Japan, Europe and the US in time for summer, will you be lining up for a new handheld console by then?
Next Story: Amazon Kindle gets software update
- 2014-04-24 Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle Confirmed By Nintendo
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-03-23 Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-13 Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-12 Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014