Booking a taxi via a smartphone app isn’t new but it looks like that feature could soon be making its way to New York thanks to the Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC). According to an ABC News report, it seems that the TLC is currently seeking developers that would be able to design an app that not only would allow taxi riders to book a cab, but track it and pay it all via their mobile phone. Two companies are looking to be part of this new system – Taxi Magic which is currently being used in over 45 US cities to schedule over 30,000 cabs, and London-based Hailo which actually opened up shop in the US in order to gain an understanding of how New York’s system works. No word on when this system is expected to roll out, but the next time you find yourself in New York City and you’re looking to hail a cab, perhaps all you’d have to do is whip out your smartphone and launch an application.
- 2014-04-17: Hitman GO Now Available In iTunes App Store
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted