The Nikon D800 did receive its first firmware update (version 1.01) sometime last month, which included a fix for the D800 lockup problem, and it seems as though a second firmware release has been rumored to be in the offing. There are whispers going around that this new firmware might arrive as early as this week, but we would take the release time frame with a grain of salt. Among the potential fixes in the second firmware include fixing the D800 wireless flash trigger problem, apart from whispers going around that Nikon might also be able to do away with the green cast that is present in the D4/D800 LCD display, resetting the color profile to resemble that of the D700/D3s in the process. Better late than never, I say. Are you looking forward to the new firmware updates from Nikon?
Next Story: Automated jigsaw puzzle solver
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released