The Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming console was launched not too long ago, at least as far as handheld lifespans are concerned. However we’re sure that there are probably gamers out there who are always on the lookout for next-gen hardware and are probably wondering if maybe Nintendo could be releasing a 3DS Lite, much like they did with the Nintendo DSL. If a Lite version of the 3DS is what you’re after, you might be disappointed to learn that Nintendo has no plans for such a device which is actually a good thing!
Speaking to IGN in an interview, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto stated that the company is pretty happy with the current version of the 3DS and that they are currently looking at building the next Nintendo handheld console instead, and was quoted as saying, “What we’re thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld.” Of course this isn’t to say that a 3DS Lite is completely out of the question, but if Nintendo is more interested in pushing out a next-gen handheld to compete against the PlayStation Vita, we would certainly welcome that and would be most interested in seeing what Nintendo has to offer. What do you guys think? Would you prefer a next-gen handheld from Nintendo or would you prefer a 3DS Lite instead?
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-03-23 Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-13 Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-12 Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014